Sciantarelli Law Blog

Notice to Cities in Kentucky Slip/Trip and Fall Cases.

Posted by Kevin Sciantarelli | Aug 25, 2012 | 0 Comments

If you have been injured in a slip and fall accident or trip and fall accident in Kentucky you and your attorney may have a very short time deadline looming.  In any such case where the defect was in a Kentucky city street, sidewalk or other thoroughfare, notice must be given in writing to the mayor of the city and/or the city clerk and/or board of alderman within 90 days of the injury.  This notice provision is mandatory.  The notice statute sets out the requirements of the notice:

Kentucky Revised Statutes § 411.110 Action against city for injury from defect in thoroughfare – Service of notice

No action shall be maintained against any city in this state because of any injury growing out of any defect in the condition of any bridge, street, sidewalk, alley or other public thoroughfare, unless notice has been given to the mayor, city clerk or clerk of the board of aldermen in the manner provided for the service of notice in actions in the Rules of Civil Procedure. This notice shall be filed within ninety (90) days of the occurrence for which damage is claimed, stating the time of and place where the injury was received and the character and circumstances of the injury, and that the person injured will claim damages therefor from the city.

If you have been injured in a slip/trip fall incident you should contact an attorney immediately.  If you wait, you may unwittingly waive your rights to seek compensation.

About the Author

Kevin Sciantarelli

Kevin Sciantarelli is an experienced personal injury lawyer who loves working with injured clients to get the money they deserve from the insurance companies. With 17 years of experience and five years of experience running his own firm handling all types of personal injury claims, Mr. Sciantarel...


There are no comments for this post. Be the first and Add your Comment below.

Leave a Comment